Pegan Diet Recipe
New to the Pegan Diet? Try this delicious and quick Pegan Summer Salad! Tasty and packed with fiber, protein and importiant vitamins and minerals, like potassium and vitamin c!
- 5 oz baby greens
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup string beans
- 8 asparagus spears
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas
- pinch of salt
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium radicchio
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, add a little more for radicchio
- 8 oz grape tomatoes
- 2 garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1. In a large bowl assemble the baby greens on the bottom. Top with artichoke hearts, string beans, asparagus and chickpeas. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Cut the radicchio into quarters lengthwise. Rub the cuts with a little oil and cook in a hot pan until it starts to char.
3. Remove from the pan and add to the salad bowl.
4. Season with a little salt and pepper.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the same skillet and cook the tomatoes on medium – high heat, until they start to blister and brown in spots.
6. Stir in the garlic and cook one more minute. Add the vinegar and cook another minute.
7. Pour the “melted” tomatoes and garlic along with the oil and vinegar sauce over the salad and serve.
Sprinkle with additional herbs and seasoning if desired.