By Barbara Bacal, RD, CD-N
Protein Loaded Cookies (PLC’s!)
When your oven is busy baking holiday cookies, whip up our namesake’s High Protein No-bake treat!
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 scoop Protein powder of your choice
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Stir oatmeal and protein powder together in a medium bowl.
- In a small saucepan combine: peanut butter, milk, maple syrup and cocoa powder.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until cocoa powder is completely dissolved and mixture has thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Pour peanut butter chocolate mixture over oatmeal/protein powder and mix until all oats are covered.
- When mixture is cool enough to handle (a few minutes) scoop with small cookie scoop or tablespoon and roll into balls with your hands.
Recipe makes 24 PLC‘s
Store leftover cookies in fridge.
Each cookie contains:
- 75 calories
- 3.4 g Fat
- 9 g carbohydrate
- 1.4 g fiber
- 3.2 g protein