Tomato Gnocchi Kebabs
Stacey Milak, RD
Indulge in a burst of Mediterranean flavors with these enticing Tomato Gnocchi Kebabs. Fresh ingredients like parsley, basil, capers, lemon juice, and garlic come together in a vibrant salsa verde, adding a tangy and herbaceous touch to the dish. Paired with skewered fresh gnocchi, cherry tomatoes, and red onions, these kebabs are perfect for grilling and make an impressive addition to any gathering.
- ¼ cup parsley
- ¼ cup basil
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tsp capers
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 anchovy filets
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (12 oz) package fresh gnocchi
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 2 small red onions
- Start by preparing the salsa verde. In a food processor, combine parsley, basil, extra virgin olive oil, capers, lemon juice, anchovy filets, and garlic. Blend until well mixed, then chill the salsa verde.
- Soak the skewers in water for 10 minutes to prevent them from burning on the grill.
- In a large bowl, toss together the fresh gnocchi, cherry tomatoes, red onions, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Thread the gnocchi, tomatoes, and onions onto the soaked skewers, alternating the ingredients.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat and place the kebabs on the grill. Flip them halfway through the cooking process, grilling for approximately 7 minutes in total.
- Once cooked, transfer the kebabs to a platter and generously drizzle the vibrant salsa verde over the top.
- Serve these flavorful Tomato Gnocchi Kebabs and savor the combination of textures and Mediterranean goodness.
- 227 calories
- 2g fat
- 41 g carbohydrates
- 10g protein
- 3g fiber
- 431mg sodium
- 9g sugar
- 18g cholesterol
This recipe is particularly high in potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron, making it a nutritious addition to your meal.