We all know that taking that first step to committing to a new exercise program is one of the hardest steps to take. The next big obstacle we face is how do we successfully stick to that program. Here are 10 pointers to help you stick to that new program and set you up for success:
- Do it for yourself, be ready to make the commitment to the new program.
- Treat exercise time as an appointment, even if you are working out by yourself.
- Pick a realistic program that you can stick to.
- Set small goals within your biggest goal.
- Reward yourself with non-food and non-monetary things.
- Tie your reasoning or goals to your health.
- Know that results you can see are not always immediate. Focus on the positive things you may not be able to see, but rather how you feel when you exercise. Do you have more energy? Are you more alert?
- Know that working out is about intensity and frequency, not necessarily time.
- Find a workout buddy or share your goals with someone who will help hold you accountable.
- Switch it up every 6-8 weeks
No matter how you approach your new workout plan, trust the process. There will be hard days and easier days, just always remember to take it one step at a time.Read More